If you’re looking to learn new skills, share best practice and build up a network of support then look no further! QCAS and QCAS Next Generation will be presenting their anticipated 2016 Queensland Shows Conference on the 15-17th January.
The Show Conference runs every two years, providing members and delegates with the skill set to engage with established Agricultural Show Societies within their region.
At the University of Queensland’s Gatton Campus, sessions range in a variety of workshop programs that are not to be missed. Some of these include:
- QCAS – the big picture, the small picture: Benefits of working with a strong tiered affiliation
- Show stoppers: How local societies have been successful adapting to change
- Entertainment: Getting that bang for your buck – How to put together a successful entertainment program
- Education: The roles of Agricultural Societies in education and agricultural awareness
- Youth Involvement: Developing and maintaining effective youth committees
Not only are there an assortment of workshops to attend, but Joy McClymont, former triathlete and creator of “Off The Track Training”, will be speaking on “seeing the possibilities among the impossibilities”.
QCAS CEO Mark Bryant said that across Queensland, there are an incredible 128 Agricultural and Show Societies ranging from very small local events to community populations of 300.
“Agricultural Shows have been a part of the Australian culture since 1822, engaging, educating and entertaining the community,” Mark explained.
“What we are trying to focus on this year especially, is educating older people within the community on their expectations of the younger generation. Involving those younger than 40 years old is very important to keep Agricultural Shows up-to-date and varied in terms of age involvement.”
Mark encourages those who are passionate about business, making connections and the future of Queensland’s Show movement to secure their spot quickly!
The drive is definitely worth it for one of the most popular events of the year! Book today at http://www.queenslandshows.com.au/news/2016-conference